Africa Cancer Foundation (ACF) is a charitable trust that was launched on July 12, 2011 in Nairobi, Kenya. The Foundation creates awareness on the prevention, management and treatement of cancer in Africa.
ACF has become a trusted institution for cancer screening services in Kenya working with a pool of over 900 trained volunteers to provide the services in various counties across the country. So far ACF has provided cancer screening and awareness services in 20 of Kenya’s 47 counties for over 23,000 men and women. The services provided are for the most common cancers in Kenya, namely breast, cervical and prostate cancers. ACF seeks to expand its services across the continent and to establish best practice standards and promote exchange of experience with existing centres of excellence around the world.
A cancer-free Africa
To promote the prevention of cancer and provide a wholistic solution to people affected by cancer in Africa.
- To create links with existing cancer authorities in the world;
- To mobilise resources for cancer care in Africa;
- To conduct research on cancer prevention, early diagnosis, treatment and support in Africa;
- To provide information on prevention, early diagnosis, treatment and support in Africa;
- To provide access to affordable and effective early diagnosis, treatment and support in Africa;
- To train health care professionals in Africa on cancer management;
- To establish comprehensive cancer centres in Africa.
We Can Because We Care!
- Commitment with passion